Dr. Sara Bukhari knows that nutrition and diet are a huge part of what influences your child’s dental health. We encourage you to follow pediatric recommendations to help keep your child’s teeth and body healthy and strong. For more details about pediatric nutrition and diet in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona, call Kids Klub Pediatric Dentistry at 480-565-6755 and schedule a visit with our knowledgeable dentist.
Your child’s nutrition and diet have a powerful impact on their oral and overall health. For example, if your child eats too much sugar, it can increase their risk of cavities, and poor nutrition increases their risk of developing damaging dental conditions, including defects in their tooth enamel and gum disease. However, many nutrients work to keep your child’s mouth and teeth healthier, such as vitamin A, which aids in tooth formation, and vitamin B, which helps the gums, teeth and tongue function properly.
Your child has a unique metabolism, and some nutrients may benefit them more than others. When you bring your child to our office, our dentist will consult with you to determine the type of diet and nutrients that will be most beneficial to their oral and overall health.
Here are a few tips on ways you can help your child maintain a balanced and nutritious diet:
- Read food labels
- Limit their intake of sugary foods and foods high in carbohydrates
- Provide them with fresh fruit and vegetables
- Limit their intake of sugary drinks and encourage them to drink more water
- Provide them with foods high in calcium and phosphorus
- Encourage your child to brush after each meal and floss daily, and help them brush and floss if necessary
For more information about your child’s nutrition and diet, call our office today!