Preventive care is one of the most important aspects of dental care. Dr. Sara Bukhari recommends making regular dental hygiene a normal part of your child’s daily routine. This will help keep your child’s teeth healthy and prevent severe dental issues from developing. Learn more about pediatric preventive care below and call Kids Klub Pediatric Dentistry in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona, at 480-565-6755 to make an appointment with our dentist.
- Baby Bottle Tooth Decay
- Dental Health
- Early Infant Oral Care
- Pediatric FAQ
- Pediatric Nutrition and Diet
- Tooth Eruption
- Why Primary Teeth?
The goal of preventive care is to protect your child’s smile from damage caused by tooth decay and other damaging dental conditions. Preventive dentistry works to avert these conditions before they cause damage that requires repair. We offer a number of preventive dental treatments to help you keep your child’s smile in the best possible health. These services include dental sealants and dental cleanings; visiting our office regularly ensures that we detect and treat any early signs of damage before they become more extensive and painful.
There are several steps you can take to prevent cavities and tooth decay. Our dentist and team recommend that you follow these guidelines to help minimize your child’s chances for developing cavities:
- Brush and floss your child’s teeth every day. You should brush their teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once a day. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoridated toothpaste.
- Maintain a balanced, healthy diet with a limited amount of very sugary or acidic foods.
- Visit our office at least twice a year for a routine teeth cleaning and dental exam.
- Ask our team about dental sealants and fluoride treatment to see if they are right for your child’s smile.
To learn more about preventive care, we invite you to call or visit us today!